Whilst bearing in mind the current health situation as well as keeping the appropriate health and safety measures to ensure a safe environment for all, all classes at USPCEU are now being taught face-to-face. The decision was taken pursuant to the provisions made by Madrid’s Regional Health Department to handle the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
Starting this week, all courses at our university will be taught face-to-face and all classrooms will be used to their full seating capacity. Nevertheless, all areas will be organised with a view to maintaining social distancing as much as possible at all times and all health and hygiene measures in place have been strengthened.
Health and Hygiene Measures in Place to Guarantee Face-to-Face Teaching at USPCEU
Body temperature checks by means of the cameras in place in both campuses for that purpose, the requirement to wear face masks whilst in university premises, both indoors and outdoors, classroom ventilation and periodical sanitation of all classrooms using virucidal products, as well as additional measures to guarantee your own safety as well as that of all university employees.
Furthermore, special protective measures are in place for persons at higher risk from COVID-19. If you have a duly justified reason not to attend classes face to face, you shall be able to attend your lessons online with the means made available by the university. In order to do so, you must inform your School via the form available from the Student Portal and obtain a special permission.
Prevention in Your Day-to-Day Life
In addition to all health and hygiene measures in place to guarantee face-to-face teaching at USPCEU, please be reminded that there are certain precautions you must take in your day-to-day life, such as:
- Social distancing. Please observe all social distancing rules as required by the relevant authorities.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 40 seconds using soap and water. Or, where not possible, for at least 20 seconds using alcohol-based hand sanitiser, which is available throughout the university. Please note that alcohol-based hand sanitiser cannot remove visible dirt from hands and that, in those cases, washing your hands with soap and water will be needed.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth, as hands can foster transmission.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (mouth and nose) with a bent elbow.
- Use tissues and throw them away straight away to get rid of respiratory droplets.
- Using a face mask is compulsory in all university premises, including outdoors.
- If you have to share any objects, make sure you exercise extreme caution and take into account all health and preventive measures. Further, clean said objects after use and before someone else uses them.
- Smoking is not permitted on university premises, whether indoors or outdoors.
Handling of suspected and confirmed cases, close contacts…
During the academic year:
- If you suspect you may have or are showing symptoms compatible with COVID-19, please inform of the fact through APP COVID and do not go to any CEU Centre before having quarantined.
- Before resuming your face-to-face classes, you must ask permission through APP COVID. Once you have obtained permission, you will be able to join your classes as usual.
These preventive hygiene and health promotion measures seek to create safe and healthy environments for all, whilst also allowing early detection and adequate handling of COVID-19 cases.
We are certain that going to back to teaching face to face will be benefitial for everyone, but especially for you during such an important stage of your life, which is also key to your future. Enjoy the new academic year!